A computer mouse is one of the essential things in the computer system. It works like a human hand, which helps you move and point while using the computer. If the mouse stops working, the whole working on the laptop gets stop because of it. There are many types of computer mice available, but the Trackball Mouse has its importance.
A trackball mouse is similar to every other computer mouse except for a tracking ball, either in the center or on the sides of the mouse. A trackball mouse is a perfect solution if you prefer to use a computer mouse with static movements. Many different types of trackball mice are available, and every mouse has its unique features. We’ll be discussing all the features of the right trackball mouse in detail.
TRACKBALL VS OPTICAL MOUSE
- A trackball mouse has static movement, while an optical mouse has dynamic movements.
- Only thumb and fingers are used to move a trackball while visual mouse movements with your full hands.
- A trackball mouse is not very common among computer users, while computer users mostly use the optical mouse.
We’ll briefly discuss the different trackball mouse features and their pros and cons for your guidance.
1. Kensington Orbit Wireless Mobile Trackball Mouse
Kensington Orbit Wireless Mobile Trackball Mouse is entirely compatible with MacBook, Windows laptops, and other operating systems. It has a 2.4Ghz Nano-receiver inside its body that receives and stores information for later purposes. You can easily use the trackball from the tip of your finger, and you can scroll through long web pages without any interruption. It works best for both left-handed people and right-handed people.
- Kensington Orbit Wireless Mobile Trackball Mouse weighs around 2 x 7 x 6 inches.
- Its dimensions are approximately 9.6 ounces.
- Two double-A batteries.
- Company warranty: Five years.
- 2.4 GHz Nano USB receiver.
- Small in size, easy to carry in laptop bags and luggage.
- Long- battery life.
- Easy to use a trackball.
- Works on almost every operating system (Windows, iOS, etc.)
- Sometimes people with long hands find it difficult to use it.
- According to customers, trackball sensitivity becomes out of order after some time
2. Logitech MX ERGO Trackball Mouse
According to your comfort, you can adjust the Logitech MX ERGO Trackball Mouse angle. It will perform seamlessly every time, even if you use it on two PCs together. It connects to 3 PCs simultaneously using wireless USB-Bluetooth technology. Logitech MX ERGO Trackball Mouse has eight programmable buttons. A rechargeable Lithium-polymer battery, which lasts up to seventy days even if used regularly. You can even get more customize options with the Logitech MX ERGO Trackball Mouse.
- It weighs around 5.8 ounces.
- MX ERGO Trackball Mouse measurements are 3.92 x 5.21 x 2.02 inches.
- Lithium batteries.
- Product color: Black.
- Tilt option for maximum ease.
- Beautiful design.
- Accuracy in using it every time
- You can use it on three PCs simultaneously.
- No problem in connecting the trackball mouse.
- Expensive option to buy.
- Not suitable for left-hand mouse users.
3. Kensington Orbit Trackball with Scroll Ring
It has a trackball on the center, with optical tracking technology for the cursor’s accurate movement. The best feature about this trackball is the scroll ring on the trackball side, which helps scroll pages up and down quickly. You can easily program the button functions on the trackball mouse using KensingtonWorks software.
It is comfortable. It is compatible with all operating systems, and you need to plug the wire in the port to enjoy a seamless experience.
- This product weighs about 10.4 ounces.
- Its measurements are 2x6x8 inches.
- Product color: Black
- Two programmable buttons.
- Best for both left-hand users and right-hand users.
- The scroll ring makes scrolling easy on long documents and web pages.
- Accurate precision.
- Affordable in prices.
- Ideal for first-time users of a trackball mouse.
- Wide size, difficult to handle sometimes.
- A wide gap between the buttons makes it uneasy about using.
4. Kensington Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball
Kensington Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball has a 55mm trackball located at the center, which works with the Diamond Tracking Technology for accurate results and complete control. It is a wireless mouse and has Bluetooth 4.0 and a 2.4GHz Nano Receiver for fast connectivity.
It also has an auto-sleep feature, which saves battery life from draining quickly. It also has a scroll ring installed for scrolling through long paragraphs without any trouble. It is fully compatible with macOS, Windows PCs, and Chrome PCS. Four programmable buttons on the side of the trackball can be programmed using the KensingtonWorks software.
- Its dimensions are 6 x 4.9 x 2.7 inches.
- Its weight is approximately 1.35 pounds.
- Trackball mouse color Black.
- Batteries: 2AA, included in the box.
- Comfortable to use because of the wrist rest at the end of the trackball mouse.
- Best for both left-handers and right-handers.
- Easy to scroll with a scroll ring.
- Programmable buttons.
- Quality could have been better.
- Not very smooth performance.
5. Elecom M-DT2DRBK Wireless Trackball Mouse
Elecom M-DT2DRBK Wireless Trackball Mouse is a wireless mouse and uses AA batteries. It has a total of eight programmable buttons that can be programmed using the Elecom Mouse Assistant software. Its trackball is in the center, and all the buttons are on the side of the trackball. Its battery life is remarkable, and you don’t need to change it every week. One can adjust Its high-performing gaming optical sensor for increased movement and downward movement. Elecom M-DT2DRBK Wireless Trackball Mouse is the best choice for gaming geeks.
- It weighs around 4 ounces.
- Product measurements are 3.7 x 1.8 x 4.9 inches.
- Mouse color: Black.
- AA batteries.
- Wireless trackball mouse.
- Best trackball mouse for gaming.
- Eight programmable buttons
- Accurate cursor movement.
- Works on both Windows PC and macOS.
- No wire attached sometimes causes difficulty.
- Only suitable for right-hand mouse users.
6. Elecom M-HT1URBK Trackball Mouse
A Red-color trackball is on the left side of the mouse. It uses Optical Tracking SYSTEM for pinpoint movement and accuracy. The 52mm ball is smooth, and its large size prevents the dust from entering the mouse. It works on both Windows PCs AND MacOS.
- Its weight is approximately 9.4 ounces.
- Its dimensions are 7.16 x 4.52 x 2.25 inches.
- Wire attached for connectivity.
- Trackball: 52mm.
- Large design; best for handling.
- Adjustable sensitivity makes it easy for movements and accuracy.
- Programmable buttons.
- Expensive product.
- Its buttons make loud sounds.
Trackball mouse technology is getting advanced every day. Before buying a trackball mouse, make sure to understand your PC specifications before making any purchase decision. The above ten products we discussed are the best options; you can get at fair prices. You’ll feel the entire worth of your investment after using any of the above products.